HEP Software Foundation Startup Team Meeting notes Jan 14 2016
Present: Amber, Andrew, Benedikt, Dario, Pere
Apologies from: Torre, Michel
News and general updates
- The HSF startup team has a time slot in the WLCG workshop in Lisbon to talk about common software activities.
To be decided who of the team will prepare and give the presentation.
- Amber reports about new SW efforts in the nuclear physics community and the new electron-ion-collider.
There will be a workshop March 16th-18th. Could be useful if a startup team member is present there.
- New technical note on results of WLCG MJF Task Force almost finished.
- No further feedback to the license TN draft. Considered finished now.
- Dario summarizes the problems of missing feedback to his emails and questions. Still no material uploaded.
- Benedikt proposes to push more within the CERN group for uploading material.
- Next meeting on Feb 10. about the HPC packaging tool Spack indico agenda.
- No feedback whatsoever. Will extend the deadline.
- Benedikt proposes the next newsletter to cover WikiToLearn. Dario prefers having real material posted there first.
Software knowledge base and communication
- Amber made the nuclear physics community aware of the knowledge base and they started filling it.
Next HSF workshop
- Organizing the next HSF workshop becomes urgent now. Pere reminds of the idea of Michel to host it in Paris.
- Benedikt reported on the collaboration for the conditions database. The second meeting will take place the 21st of January.
- Pere reports about the change of management in CERN. Will retry to get official manpower working on HSF.
- Andrew proposes another doodle to find a better meeting slot.