Present/Contributors: Graeme Stewart, Benedikt Hegner, David Lange, Michel Jouvin, Liz Sexton-Kennedy, John Harvey
News, general matters
- Meeting of Benedikt, Graeme, Ian Collier and Michel last
Tuesday: agreed to send a new email on Monday at the latest.
- Working with local organizers to get logistical information
added to the website before Monday.
- Decided to postpone opening the registration until mid-January to
get a chance to obtain some sponsorship and lower a
bit the registration fees (currently 300€ for early bird until
mid Feb; 340€ after early bird, but before the workshop; 380€
at the workshop).
- Sorting out room availability, but probably no showstopper,
either on Monday morning (will start at 10 am but
registration will open before that) or on Thursday (the plan is
that the 150 seat room will be extended by Vidyo in a smaller
room if needed).
- Liz: Hotel information is very important for US Lab people.
Fallback would be for us to gather information ourselves and
pass it on in the announcement next week.
- First discussions about conveners was had.
General Matters and Editorial Board
- Overall status: chasing last (mostly formatting) details in the
final version. Release still scheduled for Friday 15
- Switch to LaTeX done yesterday for the final pretty formatting.
- Graeme is writing a python script that processes the
signatories list into a LaTeX format.
- Content is final: conclusion significantly reworded to express a
stronger message, in particular regarding the need for more
convergence between experiments in the future. Good feedback
on the readability received from several sources.
- EB meeting yesterday: not so well attended, but several offline
messages. Everybody happy with the work done so far, no
suggestion that we should delay the release. Main decision: all
the signers will appear as authors of the CWP, no distinction
between different classes of authors. Everybody agreed that it
was more inline with the spirit of a community white
- Signatories: 249 today. +40 in the last 24h! But still 5 EB
members missing and some of the key CERN/SFT people.
- John is reading through now and marking up changes, Graeme will
then take those changes and do a final read through tomorrow.
- Benedikt noted that the approved experiments in China have
rather small resource needs. Try to find a way to mention
- No updates on individual CWP papers this week.
- ATLAS have been considering their licensing situation - discussion at ICB this week.
- Possibility of having a regional HSF meeting in Asia next year, IHEP
could host it.