HSF Weekly Meeting #133, 12 April, 2018
Present/Contributors: Benedikt Hegner, Michel Jouvin, David Crooks, Sam Billings, Scott Snyder, Eduardo Rodrigues, Simone Campana, Pere Mato, Martin Ritter
HSF/WLCG Workshop Follow-up
- Gather important items that we should be tracking after the workshop
(see workshop live
- Common Data Management and Data Lakes
- 45 min discussion yesterday on data lakes; Simone gave
updates presentation in GDB; identified areas presented;
needs follow up with more discussions - what’s missing?
Are we going in the right direction? Meeting to be set up
and announced to the mailing list.
- Analysis Facilities and Use Cases
- Follow-up presentation at GDB meeting yesterday, by Eduardo.
- Q by Pere: SWAN mentioned? Yes!
- Strategic presentation.
- In GDB discussion on workshop. Lots of discussion amongst
WLCG people. Positive feedback about closer interaction.
- Practical follow ups at the HSF level
- Inventory of community activities
- Eduardo: should be more present at other conferences/should
have more information about their existence; technical
notes hard to find.
Publication strategy for Individual WG Papers
- Data Organisation, Management and Access
- Hopefully good news next week
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Still problems uploading to arXiv?
- Keynote presentation on JupyterLab confirmed, given by one of the
developers, namely Vidar Tonaas Fauske (Simula Research
- Number of recent registrations not commensurate with those for CHEP
but may simply reflect the domain of work of registrants.
- Belle II interested by a meeting with HSF on this topic.
- License for DD4HEP: it is currently GPL, potentially a problem.
Discussing moving to LGPL. This is a more general problem with
- Also need to check the copyright owner. Would be good to have
CERN but need to be checked with all the participants
- Most SW projects predate AIDA2020 and had a license chosen
before the HSF discussions
- 29 slots obtained from Google for 109 proposals from students
concerning 51 HSF projects