HSF Weekly Meeting #106, August 30, 2017
Present: Dario Menasce, Pere Mato, Benedikt Hegner, Daniel Elvira, Michel Jouvin, Andrea Valassi, David Lange, John Harvey
News, general matters
- Graeme will present HSF CWP status to the Scientific Computing Forum (SCF) on 27.10. Pere and Pete will be present as well for the discussion.
- Next LHCC in two weeks from now. Will possibly contain CWP part in summary.
- Next WLCG Overview Board is scheduled on Oct. 27 and may also ask a CWP status… To be confirmed with Ian Bird.
- Essentially finished. Getting feedback on Fluka part. Other comments have been incorporated.
- Resource estimates need to be updated and could move to a general CWP introduction.
- Studies to understand difference in simulation times between ATLAS and CMS have been done and will be incorporated into the document.
Software Trigger and Event Reconstruction
- Draft of executive summary and document being circulated
- Being proof-read by volunteers
Data Access, Organisation and Management
Data and Software Preservation
Data Analysis and Interpretation
Workflow and Resource Management
Event/Data Processing Frameworks
Careers, Staffing and Training
- Some comments to be incorporated in document still.
- two versions of the document have been prepared (with Ian acting as main editor). The short 5-page version that represents the executive summary for the CWP has already been circulated extensively between the people who contributed to it. The longer 50-page standalone document is still being actively reviewed and worked on.
- Get feedback from Pete about the organization of the editorial team. Several WG already produced an executive summary that could be used as input for the global document.
Follow-up the discussion about ATLAS licensing at the next meeting if Graeme is there.
Recent use of WikiToLearn by the GridKa computing school: should contact them to get feedback on the platform
- Color scheme of website not colorblind friendly (in particular difficult to identify links)
- WLCG workshop follow-up needed, in particular on new dates foreseen.
- Contact experiments, WLCG and others to get the community calendar filled asap
- Presentation by Liz during ACAT to be added to the HSF websites