HSF Weekly Meeting #147, 11 October, 2018
Present/Contributors: Graeme Stewart, Serhan Mate, Marilena
Bandieramonte, Dario Menasce, Sudhir Malik, Davide Costanzo, Andrea
Valassi, Jim Amundson, Pere Mato, Witek Pokorski, Eduardo Rodrigues,
Tommaso Boccali, Simone Campana, David Lange, Ed Moyse, Pete Elmer,
Robert Langenberg, Mark Neubauer, Caterina Doglioni, Liz Sexton-Kennedy,
News, general matters
- Maria Girone contacted us for an HSF speaker for the CMS ECOM2X
(committee looking at software and computing evolution for Run3
and Run4). Eduardo agreed to do that.
- OSG have now confirmed their participation in the 3-way workshop at
JLab 18-22 March next year.
- Next step is to try and identify topics we want to make sure are
covered, and prepare a draft agenda.
- Meeting next week for WLCG/HSF people.
- Please send any early thoughts to Graeme/Michel/David
(organising for HSF).
New Working Groups
- Draft mandate
- Some comments made by Caterina and Frank (thanks!). Now all
converted into concrete suggestions.
- Each proposed change was discussed and refined, then we agreed on it.
- Concrete deliverables were raised, how much can we push these?
- Can’t put too many constraints on
conveners for things that it is not in their power to deliver.
Main deliverable is a functioning community.
- Dario - make this bottom up.
- Meeting agreed on the mandate now.
- Would like to now call for further nominations.
- One or two weeks?
- Two weeks. Graeme will send the call.
Generators Software Computing Workshop
- Indico agenda.
- Organisation progressing well, quite a number of speakers
confirmed, 25 people registered.
- Next meeting for the
organisers immediately after this one…
- Next meeting tentatively next week (get in touch with Graeme or Ben
for any topics to present).
- Successful meeting
yesterday with a
presentation on optimisation work done in CERN IT.
- Some discussion over estimated gains from using vectorised
- Minutes in preparation.
- Open slot in two weeks time, 24 October.
- Then further topics will go into 2019.
- We want to converge and identify a representative from the Intensity
join the efforts. If you know of a great candidate (yourself or
…), please shout ASAP.
Publication status for Individual WG Papers
- Event/Data Processing Frameworks
- Abstract added and few mistakes fixed in this
references and final author list still need done (should
not take too long).
- HSF Logo in vector format - reminder of action on Benedikt.
- There was a discussion with Claire Boudarios (ATLAS) about outreach
activities and the HSF’s involvement there.
- Graeme - no activity in this area as far as I am aware.
- Is anyone interested in this topic?
- Dario and Pete are - Graeme will pass on contact details.
- http://hepsoftware.org/ has been down
for a week - tracked as a GitHub