HSF Weekly Meeting #149, 25 October, 2018
Present/Contributors: Michel Jouvin, Pere Mato, Daniel Elvira,
Alaettin Serhan, Paul Laycock, James Amundson, Pete Elmer, Mark
Neubauer, Sudhir Malik, Eduardo Rodrigues
News, general matters
- Eduardo’s presentation at the CMS ECOM2X WG7 meeting. He raised the awareness that CMS collaborators should be more active in community-wide initiatives such as HSF.
- We made the first official announcement
to ‘save the date’ (18-22 March 2019).
- Please forward to your experiments/communities.
- First ideas of topics we need to cover are in a
- Comments and suggestions welcome - please check we did not
miss anything major.
- Next organising meeting probably next week.
- We should get at least a stub agenda up soon and plan to open
- Difficulties to get the people for start the organization.
- Need to have the proper balance between the computing/sites
topics and the software with HSF topics.
New Working Groups
Mandate was put on the HSF
Call for convenors was renewed, reminded that the deadline is 29
Generators Software Computing Workshop
- Timetable has been filled in with a lot more detail on the
presentations and confirmed speakers.
- 35 people registered so far
- Planning a hackathon event on Wednesday 28th, exact topics to be
decided with input from a short survey.
- Would like meeting with the fastjet developers. Why they need more
than the GPL?
- Due to a sparse agenda and various clashes,
meeting will be 7
- Would like to organise a meeting in November on monitoring tools.
- Website update in the pipeline (Eduardo) to give a better overview
- Chat channel on Gitter, resources repo on GitHub.
General Matters and Roadmap
Publication status for Individual WG Papers
Data Organisation, Management and Access
Event/Data Processing Frameworks
Facilities and Distributed Computing
HSF Logo in vector format - reminder of action on Benedikt.
The IRIS-HEP Software Institute is in the process of ramping up.
Kickoff workshop next week. After the WS the
team will begin communicating more concretely its plans for the
next year to 18 months. A bunch of open positions are already
open at http://iris-hep.org/jobs.