HSF Weekly Meeting #176, 19 December, 2019 (Exceptional Virtual Meeting)
Present/Contributors: Graeme Stewart, Eduardo Rodrigues, Caterina Doglioni (w/David Lange, Agnieszka Dziurda)
News, general matters
- New Working Group Convenors have been selected:
- Software Tools and Packaging:
- Ben Morgan (Warwick)
- Serhan Mete (ANL)
- Martin Ritter (LMU)
- Ben Krikler (Bristol)
- Eduardo Rodrigues (Liverpool)
- Jim Pivarski (Princeton)
- Physics Event Generators:
- Andrea Valassi (CERN)
- Efe Yazgan (Chinese Academy of Sceince)
- Josh McFadyen (CERN)
- Kilian Lieret (LMU)
- Sam Meehan (CERN)
- Sudhir Malik (Puerto Rico)
- Philippe Canal (FNAL)
- (Joining Gloria and Witek)
- Our discussions still continue, announcement expected in January.
- Many thanks to our outgoing convenors and Welcome! to our new ones
- Feedback from SPC talk
- Talk was well received by the SPC. Questions focused on the use of HPCs,
particularly in Europe (PRACE and EuroHPC); and also on the prospects for using heterogeneous computing for detector simulation.
Working Group Updates
- No particular update. Need to schedule meetings for the new year.
Reconstruction and Software Triggers
- Had a constructive convenors-meeting last week and have planned for a few meetings in the new year.
- Welcome to Ben Krikler as new co-convener as of January 1st, 2020!
- Meeting on December 11 covered CHEP, SuperComputing and plans for Spack. Check live notes for details.
- Next meeting
- First meeting of 2020 will be January 16