Present/Contributing: Benedikt Hegner, Krzysztof Genser
Apologies/Contributing: Eduardo Rodrigues, Michel Villanueva, Josh McFayden
News, general matters, announcements
Working Group Updates
Almost all WG conveners answered to the question whether they want to continue their term in 2023.
We need to find replacements for all working groups. Benedikt sent out a call for proposals.
For now, the assumption is that the search committee has the same members as last year.
If you want to join the search committee, please let us know.
Please try and book meetings in Indico at least 2 weeks in advance!
That way they go into the calendar early and they will be included in the weekly email announcement that goes to HSF Forum.
- Contacted training WG regarding collaboration on paper detailing training meeting series
- Have an Overleaf template circulated
- Next Session on October 31st: A talk on FLUKA.CERN Overview by Francesco Cerutti (CERN)
- Another session on November 28th will be devoted to Differentiable Simulation
- A future session (likely on December 12 or in early 2023) will be on varying Geant4 parameters
Reconstruction and Software Trigger
Pinging potential speakers for the last two meetings in our 2023 plan, RICH and HF resonance reco.
- Next topical meeting in preparation/discussion, for November 9th (exceptionally not the first Wed. of the month). In fact it should be on “Julia in HEP” as colleagues are finaling their “Julia for HEP” report and several points worth discussing have been identified. Useful to use a PyHEP slot given the many PyHEP colleagues involved in the report.
- PyHEP 2022 workshop “post-mortem” to be held soon. We will then report back.
MC4EIC 2022, the next workshop on Monte Carlo event simulation for the EIC, is jointly organized by the CTEQ collaboration, the EIC User Group, MCnet, and the HSF.
Following up directly on previous workshops, the workshop agenda is made around four themes:
- In-depth reports on the precision of foreseen measurements and the related MCEG needs,
- A review of MCEGs that are currently being developed for the EIC,
- The connection between formal QCD theory and its implementation in MCEGs,
- A discussion on how to facilitate the dialogue between experimentalists and theorists and to work together on cross-cutting aspects in experiment and theory in NHEP.
Efe, Josh, and Markus are part of the organization of the MC4EIC.
We are waiting for a final word on Fermilab if MC4EIC can be a hybrid workshop hosted at Fermilab or a remote workshop only.
We will then announce the workshop formally and add it on the HSF calendar. The dates are fixed: November 16–18.
IRIS-HEP/HSF Joint meeting on Software Citation and Recognition
We still plan this for 23 November, as a virtual event.
We started filling in the calendar for 2023.
But please check and help!
Our next coordination meeting is on 10 November.