mlr is an R package that integrates almost all machine learning packages in R. RMVA is a set of plugins for TMVA based on ROOTR that allows the use of R in TMVA. The idea is to update the library RMVA to use mlr.
- Write BaseMethod class for mlr package.
- Implement a system to check if the required machine learning method has the R package installed.
- Implement a system to check if the required machine learning method from R has support for multiclass classification, regression or weights in the data.
- Write methods to support classification and regression.
- Write a clear documentation with a table of options for every method.
- working implementation with tests and documentation
- A machine learning example using different methods for classification and regression.
- Compare C50/RSVM and RSNNS using the current RMVA implementation and with the new MLR implementation.
Requirements: Advanced skills in C/C++, experience with R and machine learning.