Guideline for Students
Get started checking out the Google Summer of Code Guides for students and the timeline of the program.
How to apply to CERN-HSF
- Take a look at the list of projects participating for this year.
- There you will find a list of proposals for each project, their descriptions and the contact information of their mentors.
- There is also a list with all the project proposals sorted in alphabetical order.
- Once you have chosen one or more proposals that you like, please contact the corresponding mentors and they will guide you through the next steps.
- Mentors will typically ask you to complete a technical test to evaluate if you have the skills required for the project.
- Please note that the vast majority of our GSoC projects do not require any physics knowledge; in case of doubt, ask the mentors.
- If you do well in the tests, mentors will usually ask you to write a description for your proposal and help you with the submission.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.