HEP Software Foundation Startup Team Meeting notes Nov 19 2015
Present: Dario, Liz, Michel
Apologies: Pere, Torre, Benedikt, Andrea
News and General updates
Liz ok with announcement proposed for the new web site and newsletter
- She will polish the english before Michel send it!
Meeting yesterday: discussion on
Conda, a build/packaging tool reviewed as part of the ongoing effort in the WG (
- At the heart of
Anaconda Python distribution
- Seems to closer to what we need that previously reviewed ones
- Still a small community but developers keen to add features we may need: exact details to be discussed still
Mail sent to the mailing list to summarize what happened in the last month, i.e. the setup of the WikiToLearn platform for HSF use.
- WikiToLearn is just a foundation tool, now we need to start the real work with online tutorials, schools…
- Preliminary contacts with some possible contributors but they request some time to check their materials or they want to be reassured that their material will not be stolen or overwritten
- No feedback received yet to the email
Activity still in progress in reusing the ability to run interactive sessions from the web, particularly in ROOT
- An implementation plan already discussed with several steps a few weeks ago
Michel sent an email with the last draft of the TN addressing the remaining issues
- Minor change still needed in examples to provide non CERN example (sent by Liz)
- Proposal not to include the “decision graphics’ if not ready: keep it for a further release of the TN, avoid to delay it longer
- Urgently need feedback: Silence is consent
Software knowledge base and communication
Dario played with the new KB, adding different kinds of information: no major problem seen, big improvement on previous version!
New web site: good!
Site ready. How do we announce it?
- What is the deadline for logo submission?
- When is the vote taking place?
Next meeting: next week, usual time