HSF Weekly #53 21/04/16
Present: Benedikt, Andrea, Pere, Frank, Michel
News, general matters
- Information on the Software Technical Forum has been added under discussion Forums. A change is needed into
the site to be able to promote to the first page some important announcements or important news. Next week Benedikt will
show a prototype of it.
May HSF workshop program
- So far about 60 people have resgistered.
- The social dinner will take place in “La Baleine”
- The HSF status presentation would be given by either by Torre or Pere. Pere will check with Torre and come with a decision.
The one that do not give the presentation should be chairing the ‘HSF Next Steps’ session.
- Proposals (like the one of using stackoverflow for HSF) should be included in the initial status talk to give time
during the workshop to discuss and come with a conclusion at the end.
- Agreed to start at 9 o’clock on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Learning from Other Communities
- Andrea is following up the Registration of the Depsy speaker. He needs a lightweight account.
- The session seems in good shape.
Benedikt and Liz had a discussion. Patrick Gartung Partrick will make the initial spack presentation.
Then it will follow an evaluation and hands on (hackathon).
- Vincenzo is almost ready with the session agenda but is not yet included.
- Dario should send a proper message to the general HSF list initiating the voting period.