HSF Weekly Meeting #99, July 13, 2017
Present: Benedikt Hegner, Michel Jouvin, Graeme Stewart, David Lange
News, general matters
- Discussion about co-locating the next HSF workshop with the WLCG workshop
(see Ian Collier’s GDB presentation)
- April 23-27 is a possible slot. Naples, Bari and Orsay have been mentioned as venues.
- We will send an email with the proposal
- N.B. Community calendar is pretty empty right now!
- Not much activity visible
- Michel was in touch on Data Management with Bo and Andy, but no activity since the workshop
- Graeme has been discussing with Software development people - will send an email tomorrow
- David and Vava will work on the Reco document next week at CERN
- Ping on Monday, push on CWP.
- Licensing: no feedback received from Fastjet developers about the meeting summary.
- Michel will send a last reminder on Monday and publish the current summary by the end of next week if no negative feedback is received.
- FYI Graeme’s talk in the ECFA session at EPS,
thanks for input and feedback on drafts.
- During the big data discussion, it was mentioned that the only HL-LHC scale experiment in the
forseeable future is SKA and that we should foster our links with them
- Good contacts during the outreach sessions at EPS with ALICE and LHCb
- Next meeting next week at the usual time to review progress on CWP.