HSF Weekly Meeting #151, 15 November, 2018
Present/Contributors: Graeme Stewart, David Lange, Pere Mato, Michel
Jouvin, Gloria Corti, Caterina Doglioni, Aleattin Mete, Eduardo
Rodrigues, Peter Elmer
News, general matters
- Next organising meeting hopefully next week. Most immediate goals
- Setting out a block agenda
- Opening registration
- Missing the input from OSG. Waiting also Amber feedback for
opening the registration. The idea is to use the CERN indico.
- It is quite urgent to setup the chairs of the sessions to be ready
to receive input and organize the sessions
New Working Groups
Generators Software Computing Workshop
- Preparations rather complete now:
- Sessions from experiments, generators, optimising use, NNLO,
49 people registered
- Please sign up if you’re coming (otherwise no coffee!)
- Hackathon on Wednesday will happen
- WG created after the workshop as announced last week: join the
- Matteo Cacciari probably not going to be at CERN for the
generators workshop - looking for another (more convenient) date.
- Planning a meeting in November on monitoring tools - Servesh has
confirmed his interest.
General Matters and Roadmap
- New revision of the CWP submitted to CSBS last Tuesday evening
Publication status for Individual WG Papers
- Data Organisation, Management and Access
- Event/Data Processing Frameworks
- References improved - last circulation to potential wider
author list then publish?
- Facilities and Distributed Computing
- Should we submit a HSF related paper to the European Strategy
- Deadline for submitting material for the ESPP opening workshop
(Grenada, May) : December 18.
- Pere’s proposal : write a couple of pages around importance of
taking software & computing into consideration early in the
process of designing new machines/detectors and refer to the
CWP for details.
- Michel encouraged Antoine Pérus, one of the GSoC coordinator, to
plan a presentation of next year timeline for GSoC around
mid-december to raise the attention of the community early (as
many things have to happen in January)
- HSF Logo in vector format - reminder of action on Benedikt.